Mt Fuji, situated 60 miles southwest of Tokyo, is the highest mountain in Japan with an elevation of 3776 meters (12,388 feet). It is known throughout the world as a symbol of Japan as well as Japanese beauty.
Climbing Mt. Fuji to the top is a truly unique experience that will give you a great sense of accomplishment. Every year both professional and amateur climbers from all around the world take advantage of the small window of opportunity to climb Mt. Fuji..
This summer, Destination Japan offers you the opportunity to conquer the summit of Mt. Fuji and the experience with a sense of mastery. The “official climbing season” for the mountain is from the beginning of July to the end of August. We have set aside two specific dates during the best season for our groups from 6 to 15 people.
With our English-speaking Mt. Fuji expert guide, we can achieve this 11-12 hour Mt. Fuji climbing together. If the weather permits we will also have a chance to enjoy the view of Sunrise.
This package includes 1 night at the lodge in Mt. Fuji around the 8th station, and 1 night at a Japanese Ryokan on the shore of Lake Kawaguchi where you can soothe your weary body and mind in Onsen (a hot spring spa,) while savoring traditional Japanese cuisine to your heart's content.
If you have not yet had the chance to climb Mt. Fuji, why not join our "3 day/2 night Climbing Mt. Fuji Package" and conquer the summit of Japan's highest and the most revered mountain!
DATE: August 28 (TUE) - 30 (THU), 2012
- All prices are per person in U.S. currency unless specified.
|Room Type (Day 2)
| Tour Price (per person)
- Prices are as of 7/5/12 and may vary due to currency fluctuations.
- Child price above applies when child is sharing with 2 adults or 2 people paying full price.
- Room type request is available at ryokan in Lake Kawaguchi only. (Day 2)
- At a lodge in Mt. Fuji, you'll will share a large room with other participants. (Day 1)
- Insurance is not included but highly recommended to purchase.
(Be sure to include your Seven Corners agent number: 2811-03 on your insurance application online)
- Reservation Due Date: July 13, 2012
- Minimum / Maximum Number of Participants: 6 - 15 persons (per tour)
DAY1: TOKYO - MT. FUJI
9:04 am - Board Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kodama #641 from Shinagawa Station to Shin-Fuji Station on your own
(Your Shinkansen ticket will be sent to your hotel 1day prior to your departure)
10:07 am - Arrive at Shin-Fuji Station
10:30 am - Meet your English-speaking Mt. Fuji expert guide at Shin-Fuji Station
12:00 pm - Lunch at the rest house (Lunch box meal will be provided)
1:00 pm - Start climbing Mt. Fuji from the Fujinomiya-guchi New 5th Station with your expert guide
5:00 pm - Arrive at the lodge around 8th Station and enjoy dinner
Lodge in Mt. Fuji (Sharing a large room with other participants)
- Please make sure to get enough sleep at night as climbing to the summit of Mt. Fuji is tough work and there is little likelihood of being subject to altitude sickness.
- Please carefully refer to Mt. Fuji Climbing Trip Preparation (PDF: 51.9KB)
and A Guide for Climbing Mt. Fuji (JNTO Official Website)
to get acquainted with the features of Mt. Fuji.
DAY2: MT. FUJI - LAKE KAWAGUCHI
4:00 am - Wake up early in the morning and view sunrise if the weather perimits (Breakfast will be provided)
Start climbing Mt. Fuji to the summit with your expert guide
10:00 am - Arrive at the top of Mt. Fuji
Lunch at the rest house on your own
2:00 pm - Descend to the Fujinomiya-guchi New 5th Station
Transfer to your ryokan located on the shore of Lake Kawaguchi via chartered vehicle
6:00 pm - Mt. Fuji expert guide will leave from your ryokan upon arrival
Ryokan by Lake Kawagauchi (Standard Japanese-style Room)
- With a great sense of accomplishment, soothe your weary muscles and relax your entire body in hot-spring baths as well as enjoying its local Japanese-style dining experience to your heart's content at a ryokan located on the shore of Lake Kawaguchi.
DAY3: LAKE KAWAGUCHI - TOKYO
10:00 am - Check-out of your hotel on your own (Breakfast will be provided)1:00 pm
Proceed to Lake Kawaguchi Bus Terminal by hotel shuttle bus
Board Express Bus from Lake Kawaguchi to Shinjuku Station
- Arrive at Shinjuku Station
FOR CLIMBERS OF MT. FUJI:
- One (1) night accommodation at a lodge in Mt. Fuji. (Sharing a large room with other participants)
- One (1) night accommodation by Lake Kawaguchi. (Standard Japanese-style Room)
- Two (2) breakfasts, one (1) lunch, and two (2) dinners as specified in the itinerary above.
- English-speaking Mt. Fuji expert guide from Shin-Fuji Station on Day 1 to your ryokan in Lake Kawaguchi on Day 2.
- One-way Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Ticket from Shinagawa Station to Shin-Fuji Station on Day 1.
- Chartered vehicle with a driver from Mt. Fuji 5th Station to your ryokan in Lake Kawaguchi on Day 2.
- Express Bus from Lake Kawaguchi Bus Terminal to Shinjuku Station on Day 3.
- International air transportation from the U.S. to Japan.
- Ground transportation other than those specified above or notified by your agent
- Accommodation other than those specified above or notified by your agent
- Meals unless specified above or notified by your agent
- Insurance (Highly recommended to purchase)
- Gratuity to English-speaking Mt. Fuji expert guide (Approx. JPY 3,000)
- Individual expenses
- Please read the terms and conditions and Mt. Fuji Climbing Trip Preparation carefully.
- Children under 8 years of age cannot participate in this tour. Tour participants ages 9-17 years are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please note that you'll will share a large room with other participants at a lodge in Mt. Fuji, which may cause you to have an unpleasant night of sleep. Please provide us with your height and weight in advance so that we may be alble to make proper sleeping arrangements for you .
- For safety reasons, all tour participants are required to submit their names, addresses, and emergency contact information on the first day of the tour.
- Insurance is not included but highly recommended to purchase.
Be sure to include your Seven Corners agent number: 2811-03 on your insurance application online)
- Schedule is subject to change due to traffic, weather or any unforeseen circumstances.
- Please ask your agent for more information or details.
- Prices are as of 7/5/12, and are subject to change due to currency fluctuations.
For more information or further questions, please contact us at :
TOLL FREE (within the U.S.): 1-877-DT-JAPAN (1-877-385-2726)
Click the icon below to request online.